Formal and dynamic correlates of negative emotional states of clients of the psychological centre
The article is a practice-oriented research, the purpose of which was to study the relationship of formal and dynamic characteristics of personality and indicators of emotional states of clients of the psychological centre. The relevance of the research is determined by clients requests of the psychological centre who seek psychological help against the background of negative emotional states. Understanding of their features is necessary for the development of programs of psychological correction. The article analyses the main aspects of the study of emotional states in modern psychology. The analysis of the results of an empirical study of the relationship between emotional and formal-dynamic properties of a personality is presented. The revealed allowed to assume a different degree of determinism of negative emotional states due to hereditary characteristics of a person, which should be taken into account when choosing a strategy and tactics of psychological work with clients. The obtained empirical results make it possible to build a sequence of correction of negative emotional states in the process of psychological counselling taking into account the degree of their fixation in the structure of formal-dynamic properties of a personality.
emotional states, temperament, properties of a personality, psychological correction of negative states, psychological counselling
Citation — Harvard Notation
- Nikiforov G.S. (Ed.) Diagnostika zdorovya: Psikhologicheskiy praktukum [Health diagnostics: Psichological practicum]. St. Petersburg: Rech Publ., 2007. 950 p. (In Russian).
- Ilyin Ye.P. Psikhofiziologiya sostoyaniy cheloveka [Psychophisiology of human states]. St. Petersburg: Piter Publ., 2005. 412 p. (In Russian). Available at: https://social.hse.ru/data/2013/04/21/1296483002/Ильин%20Психофизиология%20состояний%20человека.pdf. (accessed 10.03.2020)
- Kulikov L.V. Psikhologiya nastroyeniya [Psychology of mood]. St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg University Publ., 1997. 228 p. (In Russian). Available at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nPw2MxTLqUSu611NdO4cR572Zw6KhBKV3tLwaubakBQ/mobilebasic. (accessed 12.03.2020)
- Levitov N.D. O psikhicheskikh sostoyaniyakh cheloveka [About mental states of a person]. Moscow: Prosveshcheniye Publ., 1964.112 p. (In Russian).
- Morosanova V.I., Bondarenko I.N. Obshchaya sposobnost k samoregulyatsii: operatsionalizatsiya fenomena i eksperimentalnyy podkhod k diagnostike yee razvitiya [General ability to self-regulation: operationalization of the phenomenon and experimental approach to diagnostics of its development]. Voprosy psikhologii – Psychology Issues, 2016, (2), pp. 109–124 (in Russian).
- Banshchikova T.N. Osoznannaya samoregulya tsiya v upravlenii agrssiyey [Conscious self-regulation in managing aggression]. Moscow; St. Petersburg: Nestor-Istoriya Publ., 2018. 294 p. (In Russian).
- Prokhorov A. O. (Ed.) Psikhologiya sostoyaniy: uchebnoye posobiye [Psychology of states: manual]. Moscow: Cogito Centre Publ., 2011. 624 p. (In Russian).
- Rusalov V.M. Temperament v structure individualnosti cheloveka: differentsialno-psikhofiziologicheskiye i psikhologicheskiye issledovaniya [Temperament in the structure of a human personality: differential psychophysiological and psychological research]. Moscow: Institute of Psychology of Russian Academy of Sciences Publ., 2012. 528 p. (In Russian).
- Sosnovikova Yu. Ye. Pikhicheskiye sostoyaniya cheloveka, ikh klassifikatsiya I diagnostika [Mental states of a person, their classification and diagnostics]. Gorkiy: Gorkiy State Pedagogical Institute named after A.M. Gorkiy Publ., 1975. 118 p. (In Russian).